“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have roses.”
– Alphonse Karr
There is always something you can complain about if you choose. In every business, imperfections in process, people, suppliers and service providers, clients, and economic conditions provide a multitude of choices. It can be pretty easy to overlook the “roses” because you’re always confronting and solving problems.
“Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.”
– Charles Dickens
Misfortunes are not what this post is about. The Pendant team has a lot to be grateful for as we prepare for Thanksgiving week. Here are just a few examples on the personal side:
- Brittany with her husband Darren is expecting her first child.
- Cassie and Rob are also expecting. Both future Pendant Controls Engineers are due after the New Year.
- Brad got married.
- Gary got married.
- Gary and Brad did not get married to each other, although they clearly have a bromance going on.
- Mike became a grandfather for the third time.
- James bought his first house.
As for the business:
- Pendant achieved a new record for annual sales in late summer, and the company this year will be almost ten times the size that it was just 6 years ago, sustaining a growth rate of almost 50% per year.
- Pendant made the Inc 5000 list of the fastest growing companies for the first time.
- We welcomed Jason and Julianna into the fold as new team members.
- We moved into our new panel shop, next door to the main office, which itself is in the final stages of a makeover.
- Pendant executed control systems projects for 7 new clients.
Were there problems? You bet there were. But the Pendant team showed a spirit of enthusiasm and excitement that comes from being part of something that is growing in the right direction. And we’ll continue to be grateful…
“Thanksgiving was never meant to be shut up in a single day.”
– Robert Caspar Lintner (I don’t know who he is either, but I like the quote)
For your part in it, whether you’re a client, a supplier, or a friend, we thank you and wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving!