In the previous post in this series, we discussed some of the ways we put into practice one of our design principles for the Revolution Street WXS, which is “freeing the user”. That post showed some of the Do It Yourself (DIY) configurability built in. We also shared a video showing the new help feature that guides you through the elements of each screen in the application.
Today we’ll focus on how Revolution Street puts knowledge and useful information at the fingertips of your users. “At the fingertips” is a cliche, but in this case a vivid one. That’s because your users can interact with your software via any device that has a browser, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smart phones. So don’t be surprised if you think Mike from your maintenance department is texting again only to find out he’s using Revolution Street WXS as he’s trying to diagnose why more packages than usual are suddenly going to the jackpot lane on the shipping sorter. In so doing, he might be looking at any of the following:
- The Host Log that reports on all interactions between the host WMS, the WXS, and the PLC.
- The Container Tracking Log that can show all the containers in the system or can track an individual container through the system.
- Scan Logs that show the scanning information for each barcode scanned in the system, and includes the assigned lane and the actual lane for that barcode.
- Scan Statistics that show if there has been a significant change in the read rates at individual scan stations.
- Weighing and Dimensioning information that shows if more packages than usual are too heavy or too large.
- The Alarms Hit List that shows all alarms ranked by frequency of occurrence.
- Reports that he customized for himself to help troubleshoot.
- The Print and Apply module showing info about the performance and status of the print and apply units.
- The Site Vision module that records visuals of events as they happen at key points throughout the system, enabling swift resolutions to problems.
- The Sortation module that shows the configuration of all sorters and the criteria assigned to each lane (see sample screenshot below).
All of this information is presented in a simple and uncluttered format, and each screen is easy to find using the simple navigation tools present throughout the application (see left).
So, be careful. You may think Mike is goofing off when he is actually working hard on helping your warehouse achieve the excellence you are striving for, using tools designed to make it simple and easy.
And remember, Mike may get stuck but that doesn’t mean he’s at the end of his rope. Pendant offers multiple 24 x 7 support options to help him or any of your team members find solutions to more complicated or difficult problems that occasionally arise.
See all this and more at ProMat 2023. Pendant’s booth will include a full emulation of the Revolution Street WXS showing you all of the above and more. We look forward to seeing you there.